« Home | New Zealand » | Tour » | The Newt Verne Fan Club » | The Newt » | To the Market! » | Spanish Hills » | Hola! Que pasa! » | Off again! » | Star Island Tour » | On the Move » 

Thursday, April 20, 2006 

Dateline - Manama, Bahrain

Some people will do anything to make money. But this made me sick. How could anyone think thousands of people dying is funny? I mean, that's why the "souvenir" was made, right? Because it's funny? How about a "souvenir" of someone being decapitated. That's funny, right? Or what about a cafe? Wouldn't you want a "souvenir" of a cafe that's been blown up, all bloody, with twisted metal and dead bodies strewn everywhere? That's funny, too, right?

Fortunately, most of the people we ran into were not so crass; but there were several demonstrations in front of the United Nations building, and on a few occasions we weren't allowed to leave our flat. So while we did manage a few trips to the souk, we didn't get to see the saw an archaeological dig actually in progress. But we ate some delicious shwarmas, and got a few shots of some well placed sculpture. Check it out!

Overall, I have to say I was disappointed in our visit to Bahrain. Not because of the heat, but mostly because of the way they view women. Being a faerie, and a Queen no less, I expected to be treated accordingly - NOT as some cur dog. When I can't sign for purchases made on MY faerie credit card, then there is something seriously wrong! I am obviously a foreigner, and as such I fail to recognize why the locals couldn't treat me as they would any male visitor, and not as a dog that is not fit to sign for her own purchases! Yes, it's been a week and it still irritates me to no end. How the Silly Bahraini Girl puts up with it is beyond me. But I suppose, if that's all you know, then you wouldn't know that freedom is so much better, now would you?

Hi there, I discovered your web site by the use of Google whilst searching for a related topic, your web site came up,
it seems great. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.


Hi there, simply turned into alert to your blog through Google, and located that it's truly informative.

I am gonna be careful for brussels. I'll appreciate for those who continue this in future.
Numerous other folks can be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!

My web-site ... digital photographer (grupocolombofilogomera.com)

Post a Comment
Photo hosted by BlogUpload - www.blogupload.com

Antarctica